Caravan & Camping
We now open for the season 2020. We hope to provide a safe and relaxing holiday for everyone who is able to come & stay with us, taking into consideration our customers, local community, and staff. To do this we have set out a number of new guidelines to follow outlined below:
• Please fill out the booking form as thoroughly as you can, now more than ever, having your details is extremely important in order to track and trace any cases.
• Wigwams are not available until 4pm on the day of arrival. Indoor cooking area is closed. Communal fridge and freezer is not available. Dish wash area is open.
• Our toilet shower blocks are open with limited numbers and we encourage those that have their own facilities on board to continue to use them.
• We will now require people who are booking to pay the full amount before they arrive to reduce face to face contact on arrival. We also require that you print your booking receipt, and have it easily visible on the front windscreen of your car or motorhome at all times while staying on site. If you are unable to print your booking at home please get in touch with us via email or phone before your arrival.
• If you have a confirmed booking and have your booking confirmation printed off then instead of being greeted in reception on arrival, you will drive on site and choose your own pitch, with the minimum of 7 metres between you and your nearest neighbour. If you need to come into the reception we ask that you wear a mask, use the provided hand sanitiser before entering, and that there should only be one person in the reception at a time.
• The shop will be open for you to use with similar rules as the reception but we are allowing 3 people into the shop at a time.
• The Barn Café will be open for takeaways and there will be a limited number of tables available to sit inside and under the canopy. This will be on a table service basis with tables to be booked in advance.
• Our local community is particularly vulnerable and we ask that you continue to maintain proper social distancing and hygiene practices while exploring the village. We look forward to welcoming you to our campsite and thank you for your patience and cooperation with us during these difficult times.
We will update the guidance when required.
Welcome to Sands Caravan and Camping Park
Situated on the beautiful west coast of the Highlands of Scotland with unsurpassed views of the Isle of Skye and Outer Hebrides. The ideal location for the holiday of your choice.
Bring your own caravan, motor-caravan or tent and set up where ever you wish in the designated areas, whether you choose a sheltered spot amongst the sand dunes or a raised pitch with unrivalled views, our large spacious site has something for everyone.
For something a bit different why not try our wigwam cabins, a fun alternative and unique holiday experience, camping outdoors with all the comfort of your own heated, wooden wigwam.
Prefer some luxury, then we have five thistle graded holiday caravan homes. All have a spacious living area with attractive soft furnishings where the whole family can relax.
Sands is an ideal base to explore the best of Wester Ross, with the famous Torridon mountains to the south and the world renowned Inverewe Gardens to the north.
We recommend booking for evening meals on 01445 712688